Sunday, September 26, 2010

2 Short Activities, 1st formal facilitation of the semester :)

This week in Innovative Activities our groups all facilitated 2 short activities for the class to get a feel for what it is like to lead an activity. The activites ranged from ice breakers, to name games, to team builders to competitive games. Although I'm sure there are many areas in which we all can improve, I thought that everyone did a spectacular job for this being our first formal facilitation of the semester! It's funny that when I first declared this major, I was a little hesitant about speaking and leading activities for large groups but I already feel SO much more comfortable than I did before. I'm glad that I moved past that insecurity becuase now instead of focusing on being nervous, I can focus my attention on how I can facilitate the activity so that it will yield that greatest outcomes for the participants! I am very interested to get our group's review back to see how we can improve on our future presentations :) Until next time,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment